Marriage License

Marriage License

We provide a marriage license and officiate your marriage the same day!


  1. WHO QUALIFIES: All couples who are at least 18 years old and can say that they live together can obtain California Confidential Marriage License.

  2. IDENTIFICATION NEEDED: Los Angeles County Recorder's Office requires that for all marriage licenses you present to us one piece of current government-issued photo I.D. such as a passport, a driver's license, a state I.D. card, or green card. If you were previously married and your divorce occurred within the past two years, you must present a copy of your divorce decree. If you are widowed for less than 2 years you must provide a copy of your spouse's death certificate.

  3. WEDDING LOCATIONS IN CALIFORNIA: Although your marriage license is issued by the Los Angeles County Recorder's office, you can have your wedding ceremony anywhere in California. You are no longer restricted by the LA County limits.
Follow this link to download Confidential Marriage License Application

Even if you are a resident of a different state or county, once you purchase your license from us or use our services for your wedding, your marriage will be recorded in the County of Los Angeles.

Important. Documentary evidence regarding whether or not parties have been living together neither required nor demanded. However, the parties must understand that they are stating under penalty of perjury that they have been living together as husband and wife.

Cost. A Confidential Marriage License in Los Angeles County costs $85. You will also need to order at least one Certified Copy of your marriage license and certificate on your wedding day. Certified Copies are required for federal and state governmental purposes, such as immigration issues, military proof and name change after marriage. The Registrar Recorder-County Clerk's office will mail you a certified copy of your marriage certificate within 6 to 8 weeks from your marriage date. They charge $15 for each certified copy.

Convenience. One of the biggest advantages of a Los Angeles County confidential marriage license is that a specialized notary, usually a specially authorized wedding officiant, can provide you with an immediately signed and notarized duplicate of your marriage license and certificate that is temporary proof of your marriage. The whole process is simple, fast and takes about an hour of your time. A public marriage license can only be issued by the County of Los Angeles which does not offer same day services.

Protection. A confidential marriage license allows all the personal information on a marriage license to be protected from public view. Once marriage is officially recorded, this information will be available to a married couple only. This benefits anyone who wishes to avoid public record and keep their information private.

Legalities. A confidential marriage license is completely legal license that can be issued either by the County Clerk's office, or a special notary, who has been authorized by the County of Los Angeles to issue marriage licenses to couples. There are only six Los Angeles County Clerk's offices, all of them are open during normal business hours only. Therefore it is often beneficial to a couple to avoid the hassle of the trip since they must appear together in order to obtain a marriage license. A special notary can issue marriage license any time of the week.

Requirements. A couple must state to the notary or Los Angeles county clerk office that they have been living together, as husband and wife or partners - not as roommates. There is no time requirement as to how long the couple has lived together and the notary has no way of checking that fact.

Required Documents

Los Angeles County requires both parties to be present at the time the marriage license is issued and have any of the following forms of identifications listed below:

A Proof of Age and Identity
A valid ID, driver's license, passport or alien resident card (“green card”) must be presented. We also accept matricular (consular) IDs issued by the foreign embassies or consulates in the United States. A matricular ID must be valid and accompanied by a birth certificate with English translation. Expired documents are not acceptable. We cannot issue marriage licenses to minors, no exceptions.

If you were previously married
If you were previously married and your divorce occurred within the past two years, you must present a copy of your divorce decree. If you are widowed for less than 2 years you must provide a copy of your spouse's death certificate.

Share by: